Career Opportunity: Sanitation Worker
This position ensures equipment and surrounding areas are clean, sanitary, and in a safe condition. This position reports to the Sanitation Manager or Sanitation Supervisor on shift. The individual in this position will be required to fully understand the purpose and operation of the sanitation equipment and processing equipment in their area of responsibility along with having the ability to make decisions based on sound judgment when a situation dictates. It is imperative the person conducts themselves in a manner that ensures alertness and constant awareness of the safe operation of equipment and its surroundings. The individual in this position will accomplish these tasks by utilizing a team concept through working with team members and following direction and instructions from a supervisor or manager. Overtime requirements in this position may be required to meet operational goals.
Hours are: Thurs 7:30pm-5:00am, Fri 7:30pm-8:30am, Sat & Sun 7:30pm-5:00am.
- Work efficiently and follow safe work practices and policies.
- Ensure areas are cleaned in a safe, timely, and skilled manner in accordance with operational goals.
- Maintain knowledge of chemicals, their uses, dangers and accidental exposure procedures.
- Maintain knowledge of equipment to safely turn equipment on and off as needed.
- Identify build up and biofilms on tools and equipment and hand scrub until clean.
- Ensure that assigned tasks are signed off as completed in the proper sign off location.
- Maintain proper housekeeping in each area as directed by supervisor or manager.
- Ensure that all necessary information is properly recorded.
- Ensure self-compliance with Fresca policies and procedures.
- Ensure attendance and participation in training activities applicable to both the position and your employment, and incorporate the acquired skills and knowledge every day.
- Conduct oneself in a professional manner and ensure personal appearance meets the standards necessary to meet Fresca policies and procedures.
- Ensure that additional accountabilities as may be required by management, be handled in a manner necessary to meet company standards.
- Must be able to perform basic math skills including subtraction and multiplication.
- Must be able to follow written & verbal instructions.
- Must be able to read and understand procedures, training manuals, chemical labels and other materials related to the position.
- Must be able to legibly and accurately write in logbooks.
- Must be able to identify operational problems and hazards and communicate them to appropriate personnel.
- Must demonstrate manual dexterity in both hands.
- Must be able to safely maneuver in close quarters, climb stairs and use ladders on a regular basis.
- Must be able to routinely lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Must be able to push/pull 100 pounds.
- Must be able to work in extreme environments (wet, dry, dusty, hot, cold, and steamy) while wearing required personal protective equipment including but not limited to rubber boots, gloves, wet suit, eye protection, hairnet, and ear plugs.
- Must be able to work with hazardous corrosive chemicals in a safe manner.
- Must be able to dismantle equipment and put it back together for cleaning.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
Fresca offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, life insurance, years of service bonuses and more.
Fresca is a drug-free workplace. Applicants will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test in addition to a Job Placement Assessment.
THE STATEMENTS HEREIN ARE INTENDED TO DESCRIBE THE GENERAL NATURE AND LEVEL OF WORK BEING PERFORMED BY EMPLOYEES ASSIGNED TO THIS POSITION.
THEY ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE CONSTRUED AS AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF ALL RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES, AND SKILLS REQUIRED OF PERSONNEL SO EMPLOYED.
Apply For This Position