Career Opportunity: Quality Assurance Specialist
Quality Assurance Specialist
The hours of work for this position are 5:30pm-5:30am, Monday – Friday and an occasional Saturday.
The Quality Assurance (QA) Specialist is responsible for efficiently and accurately performing tasks related to the testing of product, setting of samples, and follow-thru on several Quality Assurance programs.
- Familiarity with all applicable equipment and provide quality inspections on all related items
- Perform testing of finished products, raw materials and associated items as required.
- Involvement in product weight control, temperatures, packaging, etc.
- Obtain and maintain HACCP certification within company guidelines
- Responsible for adhering to food safety and quality system requirements by committing to meet all pertinent regulatory, customer and SQF requirements
- Maintain communication with other departments, management and employees and notify them of any problems and/or concerns that may restrict the efficiency of production
- Ensure all paperwork is filled out in a clear, legible and accurate format, and completed with required information. Ensure all required information is documented in accordance with SOP’s
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices
- Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area
- Follow all required work safe practices. This would include wearing of all required PPE in designated areas
- Responsible for food safety, pre-requisite programs and food quality related to designated area. Report any food safety and food quality related issues to management immediately
- Perform other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- Must be exceptionally detailed orientated with strong organizational skills
- Must have exemplary listening skills, a positive attitude and enjoy working in a team environment
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
Preferred Experience and Education:
- High School diploma/GED
- Previous experience working in a Quality Control or related position
- Previous experience working in a food manufacturing plant
- Experience with Good Manufacturing (GMP), Safe Quality Food (SQF) and/or HACCP practices
- Light to moderate physical effort may be required
- May be required to lift 30lbs regularly and 50lbs occasionally
- Regularly required to stand, walk, reach and move around machinery for long periods of time
- Must be able to work in varying working climates, i.e., temperatures may vary from very hot to very cold
Fresca offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, life insurance, years of service bonuses and more.
Fresca is a drug-free workplace. Applicants will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test in addition to a Job Placement Assessment.
Apply For This Position