Career Opportunity: Production Supervisor (Night Shift)
The Production Supervisor is responsible for supervising the overall operation of the production line and provide strong leadership presence to front-line employees. The Production Supervisor will be accountable for implementing the plant production plan, maintaining a safe work environment, developing a team oriented work force, meeting quality expectations, developing and implementing process improvements, accomplishing plant productivity goals, and identifying and solving operational issues.
Night Shift hours may vary between 5:30pm – 5:30am.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise and direct all aspects on production lines to ensure Company requirements are met
- Plan and establish daily work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to meet production goals
- Conduct employee training in equipment operations or work and safety procedures, or assign employee training to experienced workers
- Provide leadership and supervision to front-line employees
- Inspect materials, products, or equipment to detect defects or malfunctions
- Collaborate with management to resolve worker problems or complaints
- Recommend or implement measures to motivate employees and to improve production methods, equipment performance, product quality, or efficiency.
- Verify product and inventory accuracy and troubleshoot variances in ERP system as necessary
- Retrieve data to process, review and assure accuracy of various operational reports
- Follow good manufacturing practices (GMP)
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Strong work ethic and organizational skills
- Strong leadership aptitude and proven record to oversee production line employees
- Ability to identify, research, and analyze problems and plan solutions
- Effective organizational, planning, and execution skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to provide a positive work environment
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years in a leadership or supervisory role
- Previous experience with ERP systems
- Previous experience working in a food manufacturing plant or production line
- Experience with Good Manufacturing (GMP) and/or Safe Quality Food (SQF) practices
- Light to moderate physical effort is required
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs
- Regularly required to stand, walk, reach and move around machinery for long periods of time
- Must be able to work in varying working climates, i.e., temperatures may vary from very hot to very cold
Fresca offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, life insurance, and more.
Fresca is a drug-free workplace. Applicants will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test in addition to a Job Placement Assessment.
Apply For This Position