Career Opportunity: Production Line Team Member
Production Line Members:
• Are responsible for the safe handling of Fresca’s food products
• May work in a variety of roles within the plant including loading product into a machine, inspecting product and/or packing product into bags and/or boxes.
• Are responsible for maintaining our highest sanitation and quality standards.
• May work on various production and packaging machinery within our team environment.
• May be required to work weekends and overtime as scheduled.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate production line equipment• Load and unload items from machines, carts, or dollies
- Feed or place items onto line equipment for processing
- Measure, pour and mix ingredients
- Ensure conformance to specifications
- Pull damaged or ineffective product off the line
- Read and interpret gauges
- Report equipment faults to maintenance staff
- Use lifting equipment
- Pack finished product into bags or boxes for shipment
- Maintain a clean work area
- Other duties as required
Skills and Abilities:
- Good hand-eye coordination
- Focus on maintaining excellent quality
- Ability to follow directions well and work independently within a team environment
- High attention to detail and the ability to work quickly and methodically
- Strong work ethic and organizational skills
- Basic reading, writing and math skills
- High School diploma/GED
- Previous experience working in a food manufacturing plant or production line
- Experience with Good Manufacturing (GMP) and/or Safe Quality Food (SQF) practices
- Light to moderate physical effort is required
- Must be able to lift 30lbs regularly and 50lbs occasionally
- Regularly required to stand, walk, reach and move around machinery for long periods of time
- Repetitive use of hands, wrists, and forearms
- Must be able to work in varying working climates, i.e., temperatures may vary from very hot to very cold
Fresca offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, life insurance, years of service bonuses and more.
Fresca is a drug-free workplace. Applicants will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test in addition to a Job Placement Assessment.
Apply For This Position