Career Opportunity: Janitor
This position ensures that offices & hallways, break rooms, restrooms, and specific production areas are clean, sanitary, properly stocked and in a safe condition. This position reports to the Sanitation Manager or Sanitation Supervisor on shift. The individual in this position will be required to fully understand the purpose and operation of the janitorial equipment being used in their area of responsibility along with having the ability to make decisions based on sound judgment when a situation dictates. It is imperative the person conducts themselves in a manner that ensures alertness and constant awareness of the safe operation of equipment and its surroundings. The individual in this position will accomplish their assigned tasks by prioritizing duties in all areas, but also keeping high usage items such as paper towels and toiletries from running out. Organizational skills are required as well as possessing a natural proclivity for cleanliness.
Hours are: Wed.-Thu. 7:30pm-5:00am, Fri 7:30pm-8:30am, Sat-Sun 7:30pm-5:00am
- Work efficiently by following safe work practices and policies.
- Ensure areas are cleaned and stocked in a safe, timely, and skilled manner in accordance with operational goals.
- Maintain knowledge of chemicals, their uses, dangers and accidental exposure procedures.
- Maintain knowledge of equipment and supplies to safely perform the duties required.
- Ensure that applicable tasks are signed off as completed in the proper sign off location.
- Maintain proper housekeeping in each area as directed by supervisor or manager.
- Ensure that all necessary information is properly recorded.
- Ensure self-compliance with Fresca policies and procedures.
- Ensure attendance and participation in training activities applicable to both the position and your employment, and incorporate the acquired skills and knowledge every day.
- Conduct oneself in a professional manner and ensure personal appearance meets the standards necessary to meet Fresca policies and procedures.
- Ensure that additional accountabilities as may be required by management, be handled in a manner necessary to meet company standards.
- Must be able to perform basic math skills including subtraction and multiplication.
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Must be able to read and understand procedures, training manuals, chemical labels and other materials related to the position.
- Must be able to legibly and accurately write in log books.
- Must be able to identify operational problems and hazards and communicate them to appropriate personnel.
- Must demonstrate manual dexterity in both hands.
- Must be able to safely maneuver in close quarters and climb stairs on a regular basis.
- Must be able to routinely lift a minimum of 25 pounds.
- Must be able to work in extreme environments (wet, dry, dusty, hot, cold, and steamy) while wearing required personal protective equipment including but not limited to gloves, eye protection, hairnet, and ear plugs.
- Must be able to work with hazardous corrosive chemicals in a safe manner.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
Fresca offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, life insurance, years of service bonuses and more.
Fresca is a drug-free workplace. Applicants will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test in addition to a Job Placement Assessment.
THE STATEMENTS HEREIN ARE INTENDED TO DESCRIBE THE GENERAL NATURE AND LEVEL OF WORK BEING PERFORMED BY EMPLOYEES ASSIGNED TO THIS POSITION.
THEY ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE CONSTRUED AS AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF ALL RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES, AND SKILLS REQUIRED OF PERSONNEL SO EMPLOYED.
Apply For This Position